(Common to all branches)
UNIT I Introduction to computer aided sketching:
- Drawing instruments and their uses
- Lettering ,dimensioning and free hand practicing
- Computer screen: layout of menus/tool bars
- Creations of 2D/3D Environment.
- Drawing scale, units etc.
- Creation of shapes: square ,rectangle, circle, curves etc.
UNIT II Orthographic projections:
- Projections of points, lines
- True and apparent lengths, inclinations
- Orthographic projections of plane surfaces
- Projections of solids: tetrahedron ,hexahedron
- Prisms and pyramids
- Cylinders and cones
UNIT III Sections and Development of lateral surfaces of solids
- Sectional views
- Apparent shapes and true shapes of sections of prism, pyramids, cylinder, cones
- Lateral surface of above solids
- Their fustums and trunctions
UNIT V Isometric projections:
- Isometric scales
- Isometric projections of simple figures:
- right regular prisms
- cylinder and cones
- cut spheres and combination of solids
Note: Atleast 2 sheets to be prepared through Cad software.
- Engineering Drawing – N D Bhatt & V M Panchal, 48th edition, 2005 Charotar Publishing House, Gujarat.
- A Primer on Computer Aided Engineering Drawing – 2006, Published by VTU, Belgaum.
- A Textbook of Engineering Graphics, K. Venugopal and V. Prabhu Raja, New Age International Publishers.
- Engineering Drawing and Graphics using Auto Cad, T. Jeyapoovan, Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd.
- Computer Aided Engineering Drawing – S. Trymabaka Murthy, I K International Publishing House Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 3rd revised edition – 2006.
- Engineering Graphics – K R Gopalakrishna, 32nd edition, 2005 – Subhash Publishers, Bangalore.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Drawing with an introduction to Interactive Computer Graphics for Design and Production – Luzadder Warren J., duff John M., Eastern Economy Edition, 2005 - Prentice – Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.